Wilderness First Aid Emergency medicine for those who travel where ambulances can't.
A 2-day, 16-hour course taught by volunteer AMC instructors
No prior first aid experience is necessary. The course is a mix of classroom lecture and practical exercises.
Both days are required to certify. Topics covered include:
|Introduction||Fracture Care (cont’d)|
|Wilderness vs. Urban First-Aid||Shock|
|Patient Assessment||Environmental Emergencies|
|Soft Tissue Injuries||Stings & Bites|
|Sprains and Strains & Fracture Care||Exam and Wrap Up|
- Dates for Next Course: April 14th & 21th, 2013 (Registration is now closed)
- Location for Next Course: Sterling Forest State Park Information Center, Tuxedo, NY (No Public Transportation)
- Price: Member: $65, Non-Member: $100. Price includes textbook, handouts, and certification on successful completion.
- Additional $15 late registration fee. (Imposed on people paying at the door. You must have committee approval to pay at the door.)
- Info e-mail: WFA Committee - WildernessFirstAid [at] amc-ny [dot] org
Refund/Cancellation Policy - Please Read!
- If we cancel a course for any reason all fees will be refunded
- Registrants canceling before the deadline will receive a full refund.
- Registrants canceling after the deadline but before the start of the course will receive a 50% refund.
- Registrants who do not show up for the course forfeit all course fees.
- If you must cancel call the lead instructor as soon as possible.
Transportation Policy – Please Read!
- There sometimes is no public transportation to the course sites. We regret that. We make a good faith effort to match people for car pools as a service to the people who register for our courses. However, it is your responsibility to get to the course location and to get there on time. We will not refund course fees due to transportation snafus.