Join the New York-North Jersey Chapter today!
Already a member? Great! Renew your membership any time.
Whether you like hiking, backpacking, climbing, biking, softball, canoeing, kayaking, socializing, or city-based adventures, the AMC has something for you. Becoming a member includes the following benefits:
- Access to hundreds of great trips, where you can meet like-minded outdoor enthusiasts
- Membership in the AMC Club and in the New York-North Jersey Chapter
- Savings of up to 20% on AMC Huts and Lodges and guided programs
- Discounts for stays at our Fire Island Cabin
- Savings of 20% on AMC Books and Maps, and 10% on regularly priced merchandise in our online store and retail locations
- Savings of 20% on subscriptions to White Mountain Guide Online
- Discounts on outdoor gear, bike and canoe rentals, auto insurance and more through our Member Center
- Full year of AMC’s award-winning, full-color AMC Outdoors magazine
- Monthly issues of our e-magazine AMC Outdoors Online
- The NY-No. Jersey chapter’s newsletter, Trails & Waves
- A portion of your dues are tax-deductible
AMC has always been about connecting people to the outdoors and actively engaging them in a way that encourages the stewardship and understanding of our natural resources. Your membership helps protect the mountains, forests, waters, and trails of the Appalachian region through:
- Stewardship of over 1,500 miles of trails
- Research on air quality and alpine ecosystems
- Programs for urban and at-risk youth
- Advocacy for federal and state land conservation funding
New Member Open Houses
Join us at an upcoming Open House for an in-depth discussion of how you can become involved and really enjoy your membership in AMC. Members and non-members are welcome. Come meet an active member, ask questions about any AMC trip or activity. Discuss how to choose an event, what to bring, and what to expect. We look forward to meeting you! If you have any questions about our Open Houses, contact Program Manager Lauren Zondag at email@example.com.