Wilderness First Aid Emergency medicine for those who travel where ambulances can’t.
A 2-day, 16-hour course taught by volunteer AMC instructors
No prior first aid experience is necessary. The course is a mix of classroom lecture and practical exercises.
Both days are required to certify. Topics covered include:
- Scene Survey
- Patient Assessment
- Bleeding Control
- Wound Care
- Eye, Ear, Nose, and Tooth Injuries
- Head, Brain, and Spinal Injuries
- Abdominal and Pelvic Injuries
- Bone, Joint, and Muscle Injuries
- Plant-Induced Dermatitis
- Snake and Other Reptile Bites
- Insect and Arthropod Bites and Stings
- Environmental Emergencies
- Heart Attack & Stroke
- Q & A
Check back for future course offerings or search AMC activities here.
See registration page for full details.
Some course venues are not accessible by public transportation. We regret that. We make a good faith effort to match people for car pools as a service to the people who register for our courses. However, it is your responsibility to get to the course location and to get there on time. We will not refund course fees due to transportation snafus.
Information: Each activity committee is entitled to two (2) $40.00 discounted slots at our courses. They must register in the normal manner and pay the regular course fee. On successful completion we will refund $40 on their credit card. Committee chairs: Please submit the names of the people they want to attend on discount and what course they are registering for. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Please note that our cancellation/refund policy will be posted on the Eventbrite.com web page for the particular course. Please look for and read that policy. These rules generally apply to all courses.
- Please do everything in your power to make sure you are available to take the course you register for.
- If we cancel a course due to poor enrollment, weather or any other reason you will receive a full refund.
- Registrants canceling before the posted registration deadline stated in the course write-up will receive a full refund.
- Registrants canceling after the deadline will receive a full refund only if a wait-listed person takes the seat. Otherwise there will be no refund and all fees are forfeited and you will have no entitlements to course materials.
- You cannot transfer your seat to anyone else without the permission of the committee chair.
- You cannot transfer to another WFA course without the permission of the committee chair.
- Registrants who do not show up for the course forfeit all course fees.
- If you must cancel contact the lead instructor or the committee chair as soon as possible.